Friday, February 7, 2014

Kitchen

Well the kitchen makeover is almost complete. The kitchen painting is finished but I better warn you that you may need your sun glasses as it is very bright and blue.

I took the photos with my iphone but the quality is not so great (if anyone else knows the sollution to iphone fuzzy photos please let me know).

I chose two different colours for the presses one I am very happy with and one turned out to be a little too tourqoise blue for my liking so I may change it in time. But overall I am so pleased with the final result. It is so fresh and modern.

The painter I used was John Magee 08776187297. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He has a great team of professionals who are great painters with high standards and the quality of the workmanship is superb. Plus they are pleasant good humoured workers.

It is still wet, wet and cold hear in Ireland my heart goes out to anyone whose house is flooded.

Here's hoping for Spring to arrive.




This is probably the closest picture to the true colour.





The island





The blue goes well with the appliances





Larder unit









As you can see the colour changes in different lights



I love this print










I bought this light in homebase to add a little stainless steel





My Nigella Lawson canisters match










Have a lovely weekend.













18 comments:

  1. Lovely work!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, dear Inge!!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your kitchen Inge!Nice color and lovely decoration!
    Wish you a great weekend!My love to Ireland!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the print, so true! Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think you need to be positive when things are bad

      Delete
  4. What a great result. Your kitchen looks so bright now and the doors look beautifully painted. I can see why you are so pleased! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great! He did an awesome job! Enjoy it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inge,

    I loved your kitchen! Like the colour. Everything looks good.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fab Inge! I find mine so much brighter also. I think if I change the floor tiles and my worktop it will look better but my husband dosen't want to spend any more until we are sure! Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the rugby later....day for the fire and a glass of red I think:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to know. The one thing that does not go with my kitchen is my floor tiles they are cream and relatively new but they totally clash so in solving one problem I created another. Enjoy your weekend Anne

      Delete
  8. Inge, your makeover is beautiful. I love the paint color, cabinets and the pretty tile backsplash. Now, it is time to enjoy it. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your kitchen Inge! It's classic and modern together and you will certainly feel fine working in it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Inge - it looks lovely - like a totally new kitchen so fresh and chic and loving that silver light - and you have a pot of Nigella in there too! Weve had rain this weekend too - to hopefully end the drought. Sad to hear its too much over there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautifully soft shade of blue, and beautiful with the tiles, I was expecting something lurid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I like the kitchen, think it looks great not too bright at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love it! it's so bright and airy, and i love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, it looks so clean and fresh! Beuatiful work!
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete