Thursday, May 8, 2014

Birthday & Holiday


Well it's finally arrived its holiday time and as it is raining and utterly miserable outside  I cannot wait for a little sand on my toes and sunshine. We are back to Portugal again as we has such a great time last year.

Tomorrow is my big birthday I cannot believe I will be 50 (first time I have written that) . Actually I do not mind in many ways I feel healthier now than I was at 40.  I do think age is in the mind there are plenty of people in their twenties acting like grannies and people in their 80's acting like children.  I look forward to a happy and healthy time in my 50's.

I started the week with a lovely lunch in Avoca with my sisters which was so enjoyable we do not do this often enough. Tomorrow night I hit the town with drinks at the Shelbourne followed by dinner in town with friends.

I have to finish my packing, organise the house, cuddle the dog and tick off my long list.

I may take a little break or I might drop by.  Hope you have a lovely weekend.







This will be me

My lovely present from Chupi



A lovely Etsy scarf








Lunch with my sisters a great start to the week




Avoca never fails to deliver great food. I had a gorgeous beef curry.



Lunch was followed by some retail therapy . First stop was the Cos shop recently opened on Wicklow street.




See you soon and thank you for your lovely comments.













14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday dear Irish girl!!Wishing you all the best in your life and your family!!Enjoy your holidays!!Have fun in the sun!!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I wish you a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Inge....I hope you have an amazing weekend! I think we will have to meet up to celebrate with champagne sometime!! I think 50 is a great age:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks would love to meet up some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Inge!!! You are having a birthday blast! So deserving. Age is just a number. Get out there and LIVE (which you are doing). Love that ring! (Hugs)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birthday wishes, sounds like you will be embracing your fifties....you go girl!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

  7. Me ha encantado tu bloc, tienes cosas muy interesantes, felicidades por tu bloc. Te invito a visitar el mio, esta semana hablo sobre el sueño de toda mujer el vestidor o el armario, ideas para hacer cambio de temporada. Espero que te guste y si no eres seguidora espero que te hagas y si lo eres gracias por tu visita. Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Inge. I can see that you are having lots of celebrations - good for you! I agree with everything you say here about age. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Have a wonderful time in Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh happy happy birthday - this is a good one I promise, welcome to the dark side where its actually quite fun. And look how promising, lots of lovely stuff - and sun - and a curry - couldn't get much better than that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many happy returns, and hope the big 5-0 was a good'un :-) My hubby will be 50 next year, and I'm already stressing about what to do for him! Portugal with your nearest and dearest sounds terrific, family is all that matter at the end of the day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I didn't know your age but thanx for sharing. I always love finding out more about my blogger readers and friends. Happy belated birthday! The beef curry and bubblies look divine!

    xoxo
    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plus that ring is incredible, what an amazing blue! Doing handstands in the sea in my mind for you!

    ReplyDelete